Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Five year history showing tax preparer fees again this year

Highlighted
Level 1
last updated ‎March 16, 2020 10:09 PM

Why does the history report print out the tax preparer fees.  Please fix this not to print on the client's report.

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
5 Replies 5
Highlighted
Level 11
Level 11

Im not seeing it. You are speaking of 2019, correct?

Highlighted
Level 15

I’ll get right on it!

Wait a second, now that I think of it, none of us can fix that.  If you don’t like letting the client see how much you billed them (even though I’m pretty sure they already know), you need to call support.

ex-AllStar, ex-Lutefisk taste taster, ex-ACME product tester
and ex marks the spot where those rocks and anvils hit me.
Highlighted
Level 1

I know my clients can look it up but why remind them what you previously charged, especially if you are increasing your fees. The client probably doesn't remember what you previously charged unless your new charge is much larger. I don't see any need to bring your previous 4 years to their attention. 

I thought this had previously been fixed so it wouldn't show up on the client's form, only the preparer's.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

They show on my screen, but not on the printed page...at least not the last time I looked.

EDIT:  Just checked...doesnt show on the printed copy, only shows on screen.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 1

they show on screen for 1040s. but dont print. on the corps and pships they print on the form. i go in on the corps and just delete the prior year numbers but give them that 5-year history, the fees billed line is just blank