Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I stop the printing of estimated tax vouchers in 2018 ProSeries Professional? Even with "Do not print vouchers" checked, they still print.

jag4661
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TAXOH
Level 11

If you check box 3d in Part I Do not calculate estimates they won't print.

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
TAXOH
Level 11

If you check box 3d in Part I Do not calculate estimates they won't print.

jag4661
Level 1
Still print all 4 vouchers even if I show zero expected income and check do not calculate and do not print.  I m filing dual status nonresident alien and the vouchers print with the 1040 Statement.  Wastes four sheets of paper for every return.  Vouchers do not print with the 1040NR primary form.
0 Cheers
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

FILE>>Print Options>>Control Which Forms Print....Then select the 1040NR Return type

do you have the 'If any data' selected for the 1040ES group of forms?  that is in the "Government Forms not filed with return"

Just a thought, since they don't print in the 1040 module you said.

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
0 Cheers
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10
i meant  "Select the 1040 Return type" not the 1040NR...misread the first time.
If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
0 Cheers
jeancar
Level 2

There are two check boxes in the Estimated Tax Worksheet area of note: Do not calculate estimates and Do not print vouchers.  

The way it works now, Do not print vouchers is not active.  You cannot ask the program to Yes calculate estimates but Do not print them.  In the past, this printing check box made a difference.

I am requesting the box be made relevant again.  There are times I want to calculate the estimates and go through the effort of making the vouchers reflect the situation today, but choose not to print them.  If I click Do not calculate estimates just to suppress printing, it wipes out the entries in the voucher area.