Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Federal Tax Balance not debited on date that was entered in the return

jnd2546
Level 4

I efiled a federal return 10 days prior to the entered debit date for the balance due. Return was successfully acknowledged. Debit for the state balance took place on scheduled date.  Federal debit date has come and gone now by 5 days.  Is a delay normal ?  Checked with bank and they see no action where IRS attempted to take money.  Should be concerned?  If so, where to start ?

Thanks for any insights!

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Many people are seeing a similar thing, you can use the EFT phone number on the 8879 to call and verify that it scheduled, but it seems therye just delayed.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

Or you could take the time to scan through a couple of pages of questions and see if 10 other people have asked the same question in the last few days, and see what the answer to their question was.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Slava Ukraini!
jnd2546
Level 4

Got thru on the 8879 phone number; its only for EFTPS and he didn't have visibility of full account info. very nice gentleman referred me to 800-829-1040. Very nice person who said I'm not the first person she heard from that day on this issue; no explanation other than delay in processing; so far nothing seems to be sent up the flagpole in IRS highlighting issue within IRS. She suggested trying Practitioner line 866-860-4259.  No chance in getting thru. This AM it even said try another day. ( LoL!). Interesting that everything on IRS website is about checking for money coming back ( refunds and stimulus) but nothing about checking on status of debits. 

0 Cheers