Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Federal Refunds being held up?

SuzPre
Level 1

I have several clients not receiving refunds.  

"Where's my Refund" shows it as still being processed. Without even the Status Bar.  

ProSeries shows returns accepted on 02/24/2021  03/05/2021.  All different dates.  So that's not a common denominator!!!  Some are clients that I've been doing for years without any problems.  Some do have 1099R's that chose to be divided over 3 years.  Two are clients that didn't receive their 2019 refunds till October 2020 because they were under Audit for no reason. 

Tax Priority Phone Line is a joke.  Either hangs up because too many calls or transfers me to the Automated Phone Line  for "Where's my Refund".

Please if anyone has any ideas for me, it would be greatly appreciated.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

From what I read on other tax professional message boards, this is a common theme this year.

Seems like many returns with UCE, or prior year look backs or additional RRC on the return are hung up in processing.

Were all at the mercy of IRS and their processing capabilities.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
BobKamman
Level 15

We would all like to believe these are normal times. 

Sorry, but they aren't.  

0 Cheers
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

Once you transmit your return and it is accepted by the IRS - your problem is with the IRS, not Pro Series.

0 Cheers
BobKamman
Level 15

You know that and I know that but the clients believe that once the return is sent to IRS, the problems always stay with the preparer -- who, unlike IRS, answers the phone.  

jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

Caller ID is your best friend!!!😋

0 Cheers
Accountant-Man
Level 12

And if it's a new client, they blame YOU, since this never happened before with Joe Blow, "Taxes R Us."

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
BobKamman
Level 15

Voicemail is my best friend.

"Press 1 if you are calling about IRS processing delays we can't do anything about.  Press 2 if you are calling because you know I can finish your return by April 15 now that I don't have to finish everyone else's until May 17.  Press 3 if you are trying to help me with Google searches.  Otherwise, hang up and have a nice day."