Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Federal data not flowing into Maryland (MD) state forms

AlexEpix
Level 2

1040NR client with W2 income and MD tax withheld.

Data is not flowing into MD 505 Non-Resident.  Nothing in the Income and Adjustments Info, nothing in the Part-Year Resident/Nonresident Allocation Worksheet.

Has anyone run into this issue with the MD state forms not getting the info from Federal?

I tried creating another dummy return with 1040NR, W2 with MD tax withholding, and nothing is flowing to MD either.

I also tried increasing the W2 amount from 800+ to $100,800+, and nothing is flowing to MD either.

I opened a case #561433440 and uploaded the sanitized file.  Agent couldn't figure it out with tech team either.  I'm hoping the community can chime in a little here to help me out.

I had to hang up due to another personal call.  Now case is closed.  I waited 4 hours to get a call back last time.  It's hard to wait around all day for the call, or be expected to drop everything once they do call back.

Thanks!

Alex

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Comments 2
sjrcpa
Level 15

Based on prior years posts here, when you have 1040NR nothing transfers to a state. 

Search here and maybe you can find a workaround or maybe a ProSeries user can help.

Ex-AllStar
AlexEpix
Level 2

That's kinda nuts that 1040NR is supported but you have to manually fill out the state forms.  I can't believe this is an acceptable state of being for a product made by a $100B+ company.

Can anyone else confirm that ProSeries does not transfer 1040NR info to state forms?

0 Cheers