Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax paid to another state must include pdf attachment of return filed for that state. I've attached the pdf and the error remains. Result: I can't file the GA return.

Favored1
Level 2

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I don't think the GA return will acknowledge that its been attached, sine that's done through Homebase and you could have attached anything.  So I would attempt to Efile anyhow, and just Uncheck the box for error checking at Conversion to bypass the error the program is showing you.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
8 Comments 8
Allan at Intuit
Level 4
I've edited the post to remove the pdf of the filing copy.
0 Cheers
Ernie
Level 9
@Allan at Intuit you removed the PDF but did not solve their problem.
0 Cheers
Favored1
Level 2
@Allan at Intuit How do I notify ProSeries of this error issue?!?  
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I don't think the GA return will acknowledge that its been attached, sine that's done through Homebase and you could have attached anything.  So I would attempt to Efile anyhow, and just Uncheck the box for error checking at Conversion to bypass the error the program is showing you.

0 Cheers
Favored1
Level 2
Thank you @Just Lisa Now! I’ll try to bypass the error checking for this return. I’m really interested in notifying ProSeries about the issue. It just seems that whatever I’ve atrached, the program should recognize that and suspend the fatal filing error.
0 Cheers
Allan at Intuit
Level 4
@Favored1 When you attach the pdf are you selecting "OS Tax Return" under the Type? I don't have the error when I do.  You may need to contact ProSeries Support at 1-800-434-6818
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
ohh this is true, if youre not choosing the correct type, it may not be acknowledged on the GA return

0 Cheers
Favored1
Level 2
That worked!!  Thanks to all!! @Allan at Intuit @Ernie @Just Lisa Now!
0 Cheers