Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fast Path License issues

Foothill-Tax
Level 1

I've spent countless hours uninstalling and reinstalling 2019 as requested by tech support.  They suggest I call Customer support to resolve the Fast Path License issue.  No weekend support or yesterday MLK day.  Now my expected wait time is 45 minutes.

I've used Intuit for over 20 years and it seems every year they increase the price and take away features.  Now they've added Fast Path that locks up my prior year returns without a current $399 fast path and ironically the Fast Path is causing the current error that's causing me undue stress prior to tax season?

I suppose I could keep typing my complaints while on hold for support.  My expectations are so low that I'm anticipating that I've been routed to tech support rather than Customer Support when I specifically told the gatekeeper that I was told by Tech to call back to speak with Product support.

Any suggestions on alternate Tax Software that I can transfer all my prior year files for easy access and a company that values my time and not try to exploit me every year.

Ok, I'm 19 minutes into my wait time and will multi-task prior to the call dropping pr

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

12 Comments 12
IRonMaN
Level 15

I you aren't dealing with a lot of complex returns, Drake seems to be the popular alternative.  But you are going to have a learning curve heading down that road so make sure your seatbelt is fastened.

Slava Ukraini!
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

Yeah, I agree with @IRonMaN . Anywhere you go will be a major PITA at this point with the tax season right on our doorstep.

Maybe @IntuitAustin can help but I have not seen hide nor hair of him these past few days. And there does not seem to be anyone but him that comes here. 

It'll be a rough tax season if there is no Intuit presence here. 

IRonMaN
Level 15

Austin is around, he just doesn't like to jump out in front of speeding traffic unless he is called 🙂

Slava Ukraini!
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

I haven't seen him around much lately. I hope that means PS will be good to go come the opening bell on Monday. Then all is good!

I just feel bad for ppl that have to make that dreaded call to support. I'd rather have my teeth drilled without novocaine. 

IRonMaN
Level 15

Last year I debated whether I should call support or have all of my fingernails pulled out, one by one.  The nails healed nicely 🙂

Slava Ukraini!
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

hahaha, right???

0 Cheers
IntuitAustin
Intuit Alumni

Was our support team able to resolve your issues @Foothill-Tax ? 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"
0 Cheers
boogie96
Level 2

crazy that i cannot go into My Account and stop auto-renewal.  I, like too many others, would rather pull out my fingernails that wait online for someone in Eastern Siberia to answer the phone.  Who is more arrogant and ego-centric Apple or Intuit?

0 Cheers
ncsparkle
Level 1

I have the same issue but in reading all the info it seems like they lock out the previous years fast path licenses so I will be asking for a refund.   I was never told this and the only reason I got it was to be able to efile previous year returns.

0 Cheers
boogie96
Level 2

I finally had success in writing a letter to the CEO of Intuit.  Intuit is as arrogant a company as i have ever encountered.  Have a similar problem with TurboTax, an Intuit product.  After a year of using the product they decide that now you need a License Code to use the 2019 version.  no one at Intuit will even respond as how to recover this License Code.  like changing horses in the middle of a stream.  Aggravating to deal with Intuit.

0 Cheers
boogie96
Level 2

It is hard to believe that you can't discontinue FastPath by just going into your account, that is just plain Dumb, arrogant, and against every thing i ever learned about dealing with customers.

0 Cheers
johnea
Level 3

how bout facebook

0 Cheers