Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FAM Not fully depreciating?

kamagee
Level 1

Why is FAM not fully depreciating some assets? I'm looking at the Federal schedule here - and have several assets this year that should be finished depreciating at the end of their life - but FAM isn't doing that?

I also can't force it to by changing the current depreciation.

The beginning depreciation equals the ending depreciation for all items, so also can't change that.

How do I fix this to get these items fully depreciated this year correctly?

Thanks!

Capture2.JPGCapture1.JPG

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

1) put your cursor on the cell that has .0.00 in current depreciation,

scroll across the top to asset>>scroll down to 'Override/reinstate", and click on it.   Should turn that cell, and the ones below it to a red color, type in what you want in the current depreciation cell.

I've used "override/reinstate" lots over the years, to mostly correct prior accountants (and maybe 1 or 2 of mine 😁) mistakes,

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

For the bottom picture, the last year for depreciation for the bottom picture was 2019, so that is why that is showing zero depreciation for 2020. As for why there is unrecovered/undepreciated Basis, perhaps the "prior depreciation" was entered incorrectly at some point, or perhaps it was less than 100% business use at some point.

As for the top picture, that is rather weird why it isn't showing any 2020 tax depreciation.  If nobody responds here, you may need to call support about it.

0 Cheers
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

1) put your cursor on the cell that has .0.00 in current depreciation,

scroll across the top to asset>>scroll down to 'Override/reinstate", and click on it.   Should turn that cell, and the ones below it to a red color, type in what you want in the current depreciation cell.

I've used "override/reinstate" lots over the years, to mostly correct prior accountants (and maybe 1 or 2 of mine 😁) mistakes,

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
kamagee
Level 1

This totally fixed it - and fixed a lot of my problems - thank you so much!!