Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FAM and California Depreciation

Hub
Level 4

I have a situation where I have imported assets from another program under the csv stipulations and finally have most of the assets corrected configured.  The issue is with California depreciation and in particular with an automobile where the numbers are not working correctly.  I can fix the federal by selecting the 200%DB AUTO category but that does not carryover to the California column and the California column has no such option to treat as an automobile.  The accumulated depreciation coming forward is off and so is the current year calculation.  So I am a bit confused as to why this does not work.  Is there an option I am not finding?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Comment 1
jimst
Employee
Employee

Greetings Hub,

Fixed Asset Manager's "State" Basis column does not have the functionality of applying different  federal depreciation rules based on a given state's nonconformity with current federal rules.  FAM can only apply federal depreciation calculated in the Federal Basis (for example "MACRS" and "200% AUTO")  to the State Basis by selecting the "FED BASIS" Depreciation method in the State Basis column, in which case FAM will copy the calculation of the Federal Basis column to the State Basis column. It will not apply, for example, California's rules for calculating depreciation for autos and trucks. 

Apologies for the late reply. 

jimst

0 Cheers