Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extension date for Colorado

Leo Salazar
Level 1

Colorado has extended the due date for paying 2020 tax to May 17. But ProSeries Basic will not let me put a date in past April 15 for auto deduct for paying a tax due.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Im not sure if any of the states have been updated for the later payment date yet. 

You may want to make different payment arrangements if they want to wait until after 4/15 to make payment and you dont want to hold the return until an update happens (if it happens).

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Im not sure if any of the states have been updated for the later payment date yet. 

You may want to make different payment arrangements if they want to wait until after 4/15 to make payment and you dont want to hold the return until an update happens (if it happens).

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
RLorgeEA
Level 2

Leo, I see you marked the problem solved.  I am having the same issue a week after your post.  California works fine for paying on May 17.  Did you just have your clients write a check to CODoR?

Thanks in advance for your response.  

0 Cheers
RLorgeEA
Level 2

Hi Lisa - Any word on updating the CO returns so they will accept a May 17, 2021 payment date?

Thanks.  Renee

0 Cheers
Leo Salazar
Level 1

Yes that was the only solution I found. It's not the greatest because I've always had problems with the Colorado Department of Revenue "losing" checks they receive them and claiming the tax wasn't paid. Be sure to have your client include the payment coupon and write as much detail on the FOR line as possible.

0 Cheers
SarahK
Level 1

Do we have a fix for this yet - not a "work around".  In addition to the problem of not being able to actually file the return with a 5/17 payment date, it causes eSignature issues.  ProSeries continues to show a state error, and therefore I am unable to send the eSignature request to my client.    I read something last week that indicated a 4/10 update was supposed to fix "all remaining states" but as of 5 min ago, still not fixed for Colorado.  Getting really frustrated, ProSeries!!!

0 Cheers
jim casswell
Level 1

Same problem here!!  When is Proseries going to be updated so I can file the Colorado return with a 5/17 payment date??  Mailing a check is not the answer!

0 Cheers