Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extending the payment date for automatic withdrawal of estimated tax payments

Highlighted
Level 1
last updated ‎March 28, 2020 10:00 AM

Does anyone know if the software will be updated to allow for clients to postpone the automatic withdrawal of estimated tax payments?

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
4 Replies 4
Highlighted
Level 15

If the returns are already filed, the clients are going to need to call the IRS to do that.

ex-AllStar, ex-Lutefisk taste taster, ex-ACME product tester
and ex marks the spot where those rocks and anvils hit me.
Highlighted
Level 1

This seems like a minor fix. Why cant I change the payment date to July 15th. I have clients piling up for e-file and some have refunds coming from states. I guess I will wait until Monday and then try to call them. 

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15

@WillyX Why waste time on a call. They will do it when they do it. They don't post any notices here. They don't respond to posts. How do you think calling them will do anything but make you more angry. Maybe if it is a simple fix, you code just give them the lines of code necessary to do the fix. 

ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 1

Just talked to Intuit....they are working on it.....expect the update around April 7....in the meantime, need to hold up on filing those returns that want to have their estimated tax payments automatically withdrawn.

0 Cheers