Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting information

ajp
Level 5

I need to create an excel file with all the TINs/EINs of taxpayers, spouses, and dependents to send (encrypted) to the IRS.  This is legit---due to a potential data breach we had to contact the IRS and went through appropriate channels.  I can not find a simple way to do this.  Aside from opening every file we have, does anyone know of a faster way?

Thank you!

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Comments 2
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I dont think there is a simple way, its not a something that would commonly be done.

You could customize the headings in Homebase to include only Taxpayer/Spouse names and SSNs, then print Homebase, but I dont think theres any options for dependents.

You may want to reach out to support and see if theyve got a way to make this happen.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
ajp
Level 5

Thank you, Lisa

I was able to export Taxpayer and SSN into excel.  I am trying customize to get the spouse as well.  If I only have to manually enter dependents, it will be a blessing anyway.  I also have to do all the business returns, etc.  Sometimes I think I try so hard to find the simple way that I could have had it finished by just sucking it up!  However, minimizing my data entry will minimize errors, so it is worth it to try.  

0 Cheers