Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excluding active duty pay

TaxGuy21
Level 1

Can someone please help me figure out what I am doing wrong in proseries in my attempts to exclude active duty pay for a military client whos home residency is Pa and stationed in VA. He retired in October of last year in Va causing a partial year residency as he resides and collects retirement there. Thanks in advanced

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
Marsha2020
Level 4

Have you filled out the part year worksheets in Proseries?  That would be the first step.  There should be a code somewhere on the PA part year resident form for active duty pay to subtract it out.  VA will be a part year resident and the retired pay will be taxed there, which you probably already know.  I'll see if I can find out more for you.

TaxGuy21
Level 1

Hey Marsha Thanks,

Yes I have the part year filled out I don't see anything for a code (I could be missing it though it has been a long week lol) . Thanks for confirming the VA side I had that correct.

0 Cheers

Im looking for the same thing, did you ever find it?

0 Cheers
PATAX
Level 15

I do not believe there is a code on the PA module for active duty military pay ... Go on to the PA Department of Revenue website and I believe they have a brochure concerning this that will tell you exactly what to do... Just my opinion.. hope this helps