Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exceed $1 billion limit on Schedule D?

Kevin1616
Level 1

I just took on a new client who was a high-frequency trader last year.  He has a 1099-B with proceeds and cost of roughly $1.5B (net gain of around $100k).

I put in all of the sales (the ones with wash-adjustments, anyway) but the 1099-B worksheet, and Schedule D itself, are limiting the totals to $999,999,999 with a red error message that it cannot display anything larger.  

If it was just the 1099-B worksheet I could break it up into multiple submissions, but I'm not sure how to handle Schedule D - I can't create a second Sch D that totals the correct amounts.  Do I fudge the proceed/cost amounts to ensure the net gain matches? (and attach a statement explaining it)?  Any other suggestions?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Comment 1
Jim-from-Ohio
Level 11

the schedule D input screen flows through eventually to schedule D so I would break them apart on the input screen

0 Cheers