Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

every time I open proseries 2020 I receive the angel wings stating "tasksch crashed". How to solve

iolamm
Level 2

Anyone else have this problem?  Any ideas on how to resolve?  Does not seem to affect my client files.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Telephone
Level 1

Yes, I have the same problem.  The Task Scheduler has crashed since March 4, 2021.  Prior to that it was working.  Of course you must update manually to get around the problem.  Today I decided to try to contact ProSeries customer support via telephone.  The recording said the wait time was 30-35 minutes.  I was on a portable office phone and after one hour and 41 minutes, the battery died on the phone.  I just called them again on my office phone (not portable this time.)  This time the recording said the wait time was over an hour. I am a long long time user of ProSeries and rarely call the support number for assistance.  In the last four years, the wait times has been intolerably long.  I feel that Intuit has decided support via telephone is no longer something they wish to support.  I assume that there will be virtually no support when I purchase the program which this year cost around $6,600 for what I purchase.  I dont expect it to get any better since it is clear they really dont care about helping their customers.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Task scheduler is what auto updates or automatically downloads acknowledgements when you start the program....I dont use it at all here, but if you do use it, sounds like its not doing its job anymore, you'll have to manually update or download acks.....or maybe REPAIR updates might fix it?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
iolamm
Level 2

I believe this is an ongoing saga....I took your suggestion.  the tools froze at 43%.  Then I could not access the program, the update would not work.  I used intuit support and Leila was fantastic!  I now can access the program and use.  i can update.  I disabled the auto update and do it myself.  However, I receive the angel wings still with the notice that the task sch crashed.  I do not believe it affects my program so I may just have to live with it!  I appreciate your quick response.  Nice to know there are many more knowledgeable regarding this program than me and I can depend upon them.  I have been working with this program for almost 30 years....still am surprised by what can happen.

iola

0 Cheers
Telephone
Level 1

Yes, I have the same problem.  The Task Scheduler has crashed since March 4, 2021.  Prior to that it was working.  Of course you must update manually to get around the problem.  Today I decided to try to contact ProSeries customer support via telephone.  The recording said the wait time was 30-35 minutes.  I was on a portable office phone and after one hour and 41 minutes, the battery died on the phone.  I just called them again on my office phone (not portable this time.)  This time the recording said the wait time was over an hour. I am a long long time user of ProSeries and rarely call the support number for assistance.  In the last four years, the wait times has been intolerably long.  I feel that Intuit has decided support via telephone is no longer something they wish to support.  I assume that there will be virtually no support when I purchase the program which this year cost around $6,600 for what I purchase.  I dont expect it to get any better since it is clear they really dont care about helping their customers.

0 Cheers
Telephone
Level 1

So what you are saying is that the Task Schedule feature which is a basic part of the mechanics of the software does not work.  You called technical support and are thrilled that the support person's solution was just not to use the task scheduler, and to disable it and update manually.  That is not a solution - it is a cop out.  If an auto mechanic could not repair your car, would you also be happy, and just say you will take public transportation instead and that he was a great mechanic?

0 Cheers