Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSignature

JWTinDC
Level 2

My client received the following error when trying to e-sign tax documents.

Hey Jeff,

The verification asked if I have been called by a various number of random names. I said no, and now it blocked me from signing.

How to fix this?

Thanks!

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
GodFather
Level 8

I'm not at my computer that hosts the program, but I thought there was a way to delete the e-signature request.  Maybe try deleting the request and resending it?  Obviously, your client will still need to pass the authentication questions. 

0 Cheers
JWTinDC
Level 2

Hi Good Father,

The authentication questions included asking client of alternate names used in the past. None were related to the client, so client selected none. This selection kicked client out of rest of e-signature tool. Any other suggestions?

Thanks - JWTinDC

0 Cheers
GodFather
Level 8

Hello, JWTinDC...it's happened to a client or two of mine, as well.  I think there is a 24 hour waiting period if you fail to authenticate, so your client may attempt it again today.  

At this point, have them give it another try, hopefully the name question does not appear...but more than likely it will.  Another option is to scan them a copy of the 8879, have them sign it, and scan it back to you.  Obviously, that is inconvenient but it does get the job done.  

Good luck and please let us know how it goes.