Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Esignature MFJ Not sending two emails

taxthis
Level 2

Trying to use eSignature for MFJ returns in ProSeries Basic.  It will not allow me to send two emails and only allows the taxpayer to sign. Spouse cannot sign.  Tech support is of no help.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
taxthis
Level 2

I just got off the phone with support.  This time they were able to correct the issues. The drop down on the eSignature form does not work to add additional signature for the spouse.  It seems that before you save the tax return you must enter the email addresses on the Federal Information Worksheet in ProSeries. Then, when you go to the eSignature request page, the taxpayer and spouse email addresses are already there and populated.  The email address can be the same for taxpayer and spouse.  The taxpayer and spouse will receive separate emails allowing them both to sign the same required forms.

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
itonewbie
Level 15

I don't use PS but this usually involves email address not having been entered for the spouse.  Is this your case?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
taxthis
Level 2

I just got off the phone with support.  This time they were able to correct the issues. The drop down on the eSignature form does not work to add additional signature for the spouse.  It seems that before you save the tax return you must enter the email addresses on the Federal Information Worksheet in ProSeries. Then, when you go to the eSignature request page, the taxpayer and spouse email addresses are already there and populated.  The email address can be the same for taxpayer and spouse.  The taxpayer and spouse will receive separate emails allowing them both to sign the same required forms.

Shawncam
Level 1

Do you know if you can send to just one person of the MFJ namely, taxpayer?

0 Cheers