Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSignature - Blank Box - eSignatures STILL do NOT work

rcfox
Level 2

Today, there was supposedly a ProSeries update that fixed eSignatures.  Instead, I can neither request a new eSignature nor look at the dashboard.

Among the steps I did while on with support included changing the browser, deleting history/refreshing Internet Explorer, refresh updates (which downloads *all* updates and reinstalls them); and after the call, disabling my firewall, and then running my computer in Network safe mode.

Nothing worked.  All I get is a blank box.

I am very upset as every time I've tried to do an eSignature this year (except once) I've had to use workarounds or it failed.  This is not acceptable.  This is my 19th year using ProSeries, and by April we should have a working product...and we don't.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee

Try this...

1. Close ProSeries

2. Run repair updates under the start menu under the ProSeries 2019 folder

3. After that has completed retry

If that doesn't work you can try resetting internet explorer. ProSeries uses ie by default in the background regardless of primary browser. Retry after that's complete.

After that try safe mode with networking. 

Now that rebooting your PC and server if a network setup can be needed to apply certain changes. Hope that helps

0 Cheers
Tomy378
Level 1

I am very upset too. This is my 28th year and now I am looking alternative software.

0 Cheers
DRBEA
Level 3

After 25 years, I never thought I would need to change.  I have had ups and downs with ProSeries many times over the years, but things always worked out.  Many years ago, I was offered a refund of 50% of my software cost.  That kept me coming back for a while (probably too long), but the goodwill has long since expired.  I have had troubles every year for the past 4-5 years, and the solutions either take too long to help, or never come at all.  For example, FAM (Fixed Asset Manager) did not work at all at the beginning of this season.  It would not export into ProSeries, so I could not get thousands of fixed assets transferred out of QuickBooks into ProSeries.  I called in February, and then 6 times after that.  All they could say is "that program has not been released yet."  Well, why not?  How can accountants and tax professionals take care of completing entity and individual tax returns which require depreciation calculations when the softwares which we have purchased and paid for are not working?  After having to manually enter those thousands of fixed assets in ProSeries, just to get returns completed on time, there was finally an update on April 1st of this year which fixed the problem.  Thanks a lot, ProSeries!

I cannot continue to run an efficient tax business based on these kinds of experiences.  If I treated my clients the way I have been treated by ProSeries, I would not have any clients.

If anyone can recommend a solution, I would be happy to hear about it - appeal to ProSeries in some way to get their attention?  I have tried this before with limited success.  Lately, there simply is no response and denial that there have ever been any problems.  Change software?

DRBEA
Level 3

This doesn't work.  We still have the problem.  And, we can't take 15 minutes after every return to follow your steps.  Why is the problem NOT GETTING ANY ATTENTION FROM YOU!

0 Cheers