Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Transferring clients from 2019 to 2020

jjvazquez
Level 1

I keep getting an error when I transfer a client from pro series 2019 to 2020 saying the client already exists. But when I check he is not in the software. I did the Homebase database maintenance but still showing the same error. 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
IRonMaN
Level 15

One client or all clients?

Slava Ukraini!
jjvazquez
Level 1

i'm transferring them as I go along but pretty much all them are giving me the same error. 

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

I guess I would debate three potential options:

1.  Click on your computer start menu and then click on ProSeries and select repair updates.

2.  Try uninstalling ProSeries and try a fresh install

3.  Call support.

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Use Windows File Explorer and look in the 20Data folder...are all the files in there? If they are, but you just cant see them, try reading this thread.

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-discussions/discussion/re-the-files-that-i-ve-...

This person was having trouble getting files to show up on Homebase, I see their last comment says they used Reset View and the missing files appeared...Im not sure where that choice is though

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
jjvazquez
Level 1

I tried all 3 of them and I'm getting the same results. Support mentioned to just run Database Maintenance. 

0 Cheers