Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error on Form 2555

jordan
Level 2

Anyone else getting an error that Form 2555 is not completed after the recent software update? The error states that either BFR test or PP test not section is not completed. All of my previously filed returns with the exclusion are now showing this error and is preventing the e-file of any new returns with the exclusion. Of course the Form 2555 is completed in entirety. ProSeries has been super buggy this season.

Thanks

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Check this thread for info

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-discussions/discussion/re-how-to-resolve-a-form-25...

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
hhq8
Level 2

Yes. getting false error on all tax returns with Form 2555. Even errors appearing on returns already accepted! Problem began after last update. This is extremely frustrating because no workaround.

0 Cheers
JCAparicio
Level 2

I have been waiting for an update to fix this error message (10 days since April 20). The only way to Efile is unchecking option "Enable conversion error checking" at your own risk assuming everything is correct on Form 2555. It is frustrated and disappointed that Professional Proseries is having a bug or issues with a Form by the end of April and taking more than 10 days to fix the problem after it was reported. I lost time and money first trying to figure out the problem even deleting the entire return and transfer the client again and also deleting the form itself and filling out all the information. Tech Support just said 'WAIT' for the upcoming udate. WHEN?????????????? This is not DRAKE or ATX !!!! We paid 3 to 4 times more or thousands of dollars to get this by end of APRIL!!!! NO MORE COMMENTS

jordan
Level 2

Totally agree and thought this would be fixed more quickly. I'm not a tech guy but would assume they could do a hotfix and roll it back to the previous state before the last update to that form. COVID may be causing delays and reduced staffing for Intuit 

0 Cheers