Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message on 1040X: Ofrl1 is marked as estimated. Where is that on the tax return??

NPChristy
Level 3

I am getting 6 error messages on my amended return, and they are all the same except for a # variation.   The error doesn't go to a particular box on the 1040X, so I can't find the source of the error.

"1040X: Ofrl1 is marked as estimated, please fill in correct # and select unmark estimated from the edit menu."

But I don't see anything that is estimated on the 1040X or that feeds into it.  There are no red highlighted or slanted numbers that would indicate an estimated box.

The program also listed all these numbers as errors.  Ofrl  4b,  . .7 . .7147 . .13..14

Thx!

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

If all the figures are correct, and you can't find where it thinks there's an estimated entry, just ignore the warning.   It has to be printed and mailed in anyhow, so an error like that wont matter.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

If all the figures are correct, and you can't find where it thinks there's an estimated entry, just ignore the warning.   It has to be printed and mailed in anyhow, so an error like that wont matter.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

Did you run final review?  It should show you what fields are estimated

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
0 Cheers
NPChristy
Level 3

Yes, that's where I was getting the message and it wouldn't show the location.

0 Cheers
bobbicpa
Level 1

NPChristy

Did you ever get a solution to this problem?  I have the same problem and don't see where anything is estimated on the 1040X.

0 Cheers
NPChristy
Level 3

I ignored it since I had to print it back then.  Now that you can efile, I'm not sure.  Sorry, not much help.

0 Cheers