Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error IND-181-01

vickil45
Level 2

rec'd error code IND-181-01 for a taxpayer that is a high school student, claimed  by parents with no credit history.  She has never rec'd CPO1A notice from IRS so she does not have an IP PIN.  If I try to get her one through IRS website they want a credit card number, finance aid info or other things this taxpayer does not have.  In the almost 50 years I have done taxes...I have never come across this problem.  Any help?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Comment 1
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You sure its for the kid?  181-01 should be for the taxpayer...ohhh the kid is the taxpayer, its the kids return.

How to get your IP PIN reissued

If you're unable to retrieve your IP PIN online, you may call us at 800-908-4490 for specialized assistance, Monday - Friday, 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. your local time (Alaska & Hawaii follow Pacific Time), to have your IP PIN reissued. An assistor will verify your identity and mail your IP PIN to your address of record within 21 days.

Exceptions:

• If you’ve moved since January 1 of this year, or
  • It’s after October 14 and you haven’t filed your current or prior year Forms 1040 or 1040 PR/SS.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers