Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in UpdateZilla, missing C:\ProWin19\32 bit\ProPrd18.INI? Was this fixed in an update? When?

Highlighted

Has the stand alone 2019 Pro update problem been fixed before I try uninstalling and reinstalling again? showing: Error in UpdateZilla, missing C:\ProWin19\32 bit\ProPrd18.INI?

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
5 Replies 5
Highlighted
Level 2

Hello yes I can confirm that the update just installed has the problem resolved at least on my computer.

Mark

Highlighted
Level 1

I also have a stand alone and am having the same error message when I try to update my program. Have you managed to solve your problem and if so, how? 

I would very much appreciate some help as I was on hold for over 35 mins on the help line calling from Germany - and didn`t get to speak to anyone!

Thank you!

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 2

Hello, Yes I know the feeling I was there for over an hour with no joy and that was last year before it was busy.  Yes if you download the new programme from their website it should work reasonably well now although it seems rather slow in running any future updates.  If you have already downloaded 2019 and transferred over clients from 2018 it should still keep the same data from the old programme which is a blessing.  Best of luck over in Germany.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 1

Thank you so much for your answer.

I installed the program via DVD instead of downloading it from the Website. Do I now have to download it again through the Website?  Do I need to delete the originally installed DVD Version, or will it overwrite it?

(luckily Americans in Germany don`t start to think "taxes" until way into March so I have a little time to solve this!!!)

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 2

It will overwrite the old programme automatically.

0 Cheers