Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error #4 on trying to create a PDF file

captainb
Level 2

I have a client with both NJ and Connecticut returns and am trying to create a PDF file.  The fed and NJ are fine and the Connecticut may be OK but my print screen shows a undefined error #4  when trying  to create a PDF for the filing copy of the return.  Fed and all states had zero errors when reviewed.

Can anyone tell me what an error #4 is and wh

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
captainb
Level 2

I found what I think was the issue. The return from one state required attaching the second state.  While all of the proper checks were done (check boxes filled in for multiple states to efile) the print queue for the filing copy did not recognize the attachment requirement.  I shut down Proseries and restarted and the filing attachment now reflected on the print page for "filing" and was able to create a PDF for the filing copy without the error. Seems OK now.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
IRonMaN
Level 15

If you reboot and try creating another pdf do you still get the error?

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Ive never seen any errors while saving to PDF....do you have a scanner?  Print out the CT return on paper, then run it through the scanner and save as PDF.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
captainb
Level 2

I found what I think was the issue. The return from one state required attaching the second state.  While all of the proper checks were done (check boxes filled in for multiple states to efile) the print queue for the filing copy did not recognize the attachment requirement.  I shut down Proseries and restarted and the filing attachment now reflected on the print page for "filing" and was able to create a PDF for the filing copy without the error. Seems OK now.

0 Cheers