Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Employer Forms EIN on 1099's showing in SSN format when selecting a previous client and they have an EIN not a SSN

taxman
Level 2

I am attempting to prepare 1099's as I have done in previous years using Employer Quick Forms.  I have rolled over all the previous clients from last year.  When I go to prepare a 1099 for a previous client I select "edit" and it will bring up last year's information on that client.  The problem I am having is that if the client has an EIN it shows up in SSN format even though EIN is selected from last year.  I have to then click on SSN and then reclick on EIN for the number to show up in the correct format.  In doing this though the "Conmpany Name" disappears.  It is frustrating and then to make sure that I enter the company name in the exact format as last year I feel the need to double check last year's 1099.  This is very time consuming.  This seems to be a glitch in the program.  Is anyone else having this same issue and do you know if Intuit plans on correcting it?

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
sjrcpa
Level 15
PATAX
Level 15

Since you are running out of time,  If you cannot get it fixed, then maybe consider buying a backup tax software to prepare this. Advanced Micro Solutions in Oklahoma is excellent and the price is reasonable. Also, There are probably other entities out there in addition to this . Just my opinion.