Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Employees on Unemployment

yeknod
Level 3

How do I tell TN unemployment I got the PPP and now hired my employees back?

Also,  I have 4 employees that have found other jobs.  Can I hire 4 new employees to replace them so that I can have the loan forgiven?

Thanks in Advance!

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Comments 2
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

https://www.tn.gov/workforce/employers/staffing.html

to get unemployment, you have to go online and verify that you are still not employed...must be done each week...if you don't complete this process..no unemployment benefits.

If you hire them back...you don't tell TN Dept of Labor anything...the employee not signing up that week does that basically.

I would certainly think you could hire 4 new employees.  I know of very few businesses that have the same payroll people as they did in 2019... which is the basis of most of the PPP loans I have helped with.THe W-3.

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
The-Tax-Lady
Level 9

Most States reconcile the Unemployment $$ by the quarterly returns you file. Ohio has a form to complete for every new hire. Look on your State website for reporting requirements and there is no need to report receiving the PPP loan.

0 Cheers