Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electronically file separate extensions for 990-PF and 990-T from the same Proseries file

bporter
Level 3
How do you trigger Proseries to create a separate Form 8868 Extension for the 990-PF and for the 990-T, each of which are prepared inside the same Proseries data file?
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
PATAX
Level 15

@bporter I am not sure about the 990-pf extension... But a couple couple of weeks or so ago I could not get the 990-t extension to e-file... So I ended up just finishing the actual 990 return and the 990-t return and it did let me efile the actual returns... Take a look at the other posts on this forum concerning this... hope this helps and good luck my friend... Just my opinion

0 Cheers
bporter
Level 3

Thanks for your reply.

Proseries does a poor job with this, as the form for extending the 990-T and the 990-PF both appear to work when operating with the forms .... but there is no notation about efiling the extension for the Form 8868 that indicates that the extension is required to be filed manually .... unless .... you go thru the review process .... and viola, a note says .... "The extension for Form 990-T can not be filed electronically. You must file it on paper ...... " .... it would help to have that indication either in the main worksheet or on the top of the Form 8836 for the Form 990-T ... rather than bury it .... 

PATAX
Level 15

I agree with you... I do not know why there is an issue with e-filing that 990-t extension... If I was you I would print out the message that says that you have to mail it just in case the IRS questions you on why the 990t extension was not efiled...

0 Cheers