Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electronic withdrawal not accepted on 9325

Highlighted
Level 3

This happened last year also.  Electronic withdrawal says it was not accepted on the 9325 form but last year they were actually processed regardless of what the 9325 form says.  Thinking the bug never got fixed?

Actually it is the same client this year also.  Withdrawal is not scheduled until the end of February so have to wait and see what happens.

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
10 Replies 10
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

Lacerte is having a similar experience with their electronic withdrawals....Id suggest calling the EFW phone number and inquire as to if the payment is scheduled or not. It says wait 7-10 days, but Ive found its updated sooner than that.

Cancellations, Errors and Questions:

• In the event Treasury causes an incorrect amount of funds to be withdrawn from a bank account, Treasury will return any improperly transferred funds.
  • Once your return is accepted, information pertaining to your payment, such as account information, payment date, or amount, cannot be changed. If changes are needed, the only option is to cancel the payment and choose another payment method.
  • Call IRS e-file Payment Services 24/7 at 1-888-353-4537 to inquire about or cancel your payment, but please wait 7 to 10 days after your return was accepted before calling.
  • Cancellation requests must be received no later than 11:59 p.m. ET two business days prior to the scheduled payment date.
  • If a payment is returned by your financial institution (e.g., due to insufficient funds, incorrect account information, closed account, etc.) the IRS will mail a Letter 4870 to the address we have on file for you, explaining why the payment could not be processed, and providing alternate payment options.
  • In the event your financial institution is unable to process your payment request, you will be responsible for making other payment arrangements, and for any penalties and interest incurred.
  • Contact your financial institution immediately if there is an error in the amount withdrawn.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Highlighted
Level 3

The withdrawal is scheduled for next Friday, so will just wait until the following Monday and see if it is out of the account.  Have plenty of time, it is just irritating.

Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

Agreed!  I spot checked a few of mine, the 9325 all show accepted (I'll peek at  a few more later)....I wonder if it has to do with which bank or type of bank is chosen for the withdrawal........

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 3

It is a credit union for what it is worth.  Same account as last year.  But also had the same thing happen to this client last year.  And the money was actually pulled out on the day scheduled.

I have very few that want the electronic withdrawal option, most want to write a check if they owe.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

Ive had 8 of them so far with EFW and all mine show as payment accepted..I didnt dig through and look at the banks though.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 2

Just noticed this on a spot check too.  His payment is two weeks out so I guess we'll wait and see.  I wonder if this is an issue with a payment scheduled for a time future on a return filed after April 15?  It is somewhat disconcerting.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 3

On mine, same person, same credit union as last year.  But the payment was pulled as requested, so think maybe it might have something to do with the credit union numbers.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

Call in, it will tell you if its actually scheduled.

You can inquire about or cancel an IRS Electronic Funds Withdrawal using the phone number found in the last paragraph here
https://www.irs.gov/payments/pay-taxes-by-electronic-funds-withdrawal

Highlighted
Level 3

I've had the same problem for two years with the 9325 stating that Electronic Withdrawal was not accepted and it was.  I had at least 5-10 clients where that happened and it was NEVER true, they all had the withdrawals withdrawn on time.  I've asked Intuit to fix this problem several times during the 2018 tax year, and mentioned it at least once this year.  I've gotten to the point where I just white this box out if it appears, and that is NOT a good solution, but it keeps my clients from panicking.

Highlighted
Level 3

Mine were several different banks, and as I checked with my clients it didn't matter if it was early or later in the tax year, the message for the last two years has been universally that the EFW was NOT accepted, but it always was.  I haven't gotten a 9325 that was checked with the accepted box since the 2017 tax year.  

0 Cheers