Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electronic Funds withdrawal delay

ptax255
Level 5

Hello, a few clients are saying the tax payments didn't go out of their account and it's been several days. Form 9235 says "electronic funds request was accepted". Bank account info is correct. Anyone else experiencing similar delays?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
DGSAdv
Level 1

Yes we had someone who should have had the payment come out on 4/8/21 and it still has not been taken from their account.

0 Cheers
ptax255
Level 5

I've had four so far. A few have notified me that the funds were withdrawn. I can't seem to find a connection for the ones that didn't have the payment go through. Anyone else?

0 Cheers
Prescott CPA
Level 1

I'm having the same issue.  I have two clients that didn't have the estimated tax payments withdrawn on 4/15.

0 Cheers
taxes96786
Level 9

In my experience this is SOP with the IRS. It will happen within a few days of the stated pay-on date and the client will not be penalized for late payment.

0 Cheers
IntuitAustin
Intuit Alumni

It is possible you were affected by an issue with ProSeries that caused 2021 Q1 Estimated payments not to be withdrawn. Please see this post for details and instructions on checking to see if your client was impacted. 

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-news-updates/discussion/1040-es-payments-not-b...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"
0 Cheers
taxes96786
Level 9

Nope...estimate payments direct withdraw not marked for any of the clients. One of the returns I was trying to efile the extension. I'm still waiting for solution from tech staff.

0 Cheers