Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electronic filing of extensions

rogoddard
Level 1

Due to the February 2021 freeze and subsequent power outage Texas taxpayers were given an extension of the 2020 filing deadline to June 15, 2021.  I was unable to electronically file Texas partnership extensions after March 15, 2021 (the national due date) even though the Texas partnership due date is June 15, 2021.  Will I be able to electronically file extensions for Texas taxpayers' Form 1040 after the national due date of May 17, 2021?  The due date for Texas individual taxpayers is June 15, 2021 due to the disaster declaration.  That is, will Proseries allow me to file Texas taxpayer Forms 4868 during the time period May 18, 2021 through June 15, 2021?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
sjrcpa
Level 15

No. It is an IRS restriction, not Intuit.

Ex-AllStar
rogoddard
Level 1

Will the IRS accept a mailed-in Form 4868 for a Texas taxpayer if it is mailed between May 18, 2021 and June 15, 2021?

BobKamman
Level 15

Yes, although I'm not sure Austin has caught up yet on opening its mail.  Are you concerned about those requiring a payment?  If clients want to earn interest for an extra month, they'll be happy to earn an extra week in the time it takes to deliver and cash the check.  

qbteachmt
Level 15

Lisa posted the notification info here:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-discussions/discussion/payment-date-for-withdr...

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers