Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electronic filing message indicates more files to be transmitted than actually selected

henrymatw
Level 2

I chose 2 files (a federal and state file) to be electronically filed, but the message indicated 3 files were selected to be transmitted.  For some reason, the program erroneously is adding another client file to the transmission.  This needs to be corrected.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
Fabian
Level 4

Do you mean AFTER the transmission took place, ProSeries reported that 3 files were transmitted? Or this is before you even started the transmission?

Is this in ProSeries 2020?

0 Cheers
mdtao31
Level 7

when you highlight the return to be converted make sure your

browser has not highlighted another return

regards,LARRY

0 Cheers
nancy4
Level 3

This has happened to me too.  I highlight a corporate return (federal & state) to e-file.  They both transmit okay, but I get any error message that another stray return (which I definitely did not highlight) failed final review and didn't transmit.  I thought the first time I mistakenly highlighted the other return, but this time I'm sure I didn't.

0 Cheers
Fabian
Level 4

This problem should have been fixed if you pick up the latest updates.

0 Cheers
nancy4
Level 3

Thank you.

0 Cheers