Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electronic Filing - Client received the 8879 electronically through the system and signed it and I saved the signed copy to my desktop

Vols3827
Level 3

But after I've done that, how do I transmit the signed returns?  So is there a way to upload the signed 8879 form with the transmittal or does the system just consider it signed since I electronically sent them their return and 8879, they signed 8879 and sent that back to me?

Do i have to attach that signed form anywhere when I transmit the return?

Also, since they elected to let me assign them a PIN and use that method for signature of the 1040 and state returns, and since I've updated the software to have my PIN and EFIN also, then do i need to electronically go anywhere and "sign" or is it just considered signed when I transmit it?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
IRonMaN
Level 15

The 8879 is for your records.  No need to send it anywhere after the client has signed it.

Slava Ukraini!
Vols3827
Level 3

Thanks and when i transmit the returns does it automatically "sign them" using my PIN or do i need to go somewhere and electronically sign the actual tax return?  Does the software just find your PIN that you entered and consider that a signature automatically?

IRonMaN
Level 15

Just convert and transmit and you should be on your way.

Slava Ukraini!
Vols3827
Level 3

So when I do that and it tries to transmit it fails and says it's a read only file.....what's with that?

0 Cheers