Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electronic filing 2018 returns

jmdanielle1
Level 2

Does anyone know when we will be able to electronically file 2018 tax returns without extender changes? Lacerte says they already can - We can't - my programs says the program is no longer current, but when I ask for updates the systems says 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Its been available for 2 weeks now.  You have to REFRESH updates, a regular update doesnt fix it.

refresh.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Its been available for 2 weeks now.  You have to REFRESH updates, a regular update doesnt fix it.

refresh.png

0 Cheers
jmdanielle1
Level 2

Lisa - Thank you so very much, it is nice to know someone out there knows something and can help others - Last info I received said that ProSeries would let us know when we'd be able to file 2018 - which obviously didn't happen - Also the refresh updates was new to me - what's the difference? 

I've been way to busy to sit on hold with proseries for help - 

You are a gem!!!

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I guess sometimes the updates just dont "take" and update whats needed, so they've added this new Refresh option....last year we had to manually go in and delete an incomplete/botched update, probably a bit too techy for some customers...this refresh option does it automatically.

They really should have added a yellow banner alert about refreshing 2018 in order to efile...

PDX Tax
Level 2

Lisa!

Thank you so much!

I have been waiting for the yellow banner and updating as usual with no results.

You just saved me an hour on hold with intuit!

0 Cheers