Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EFIN on more than one tax program at same time?

LJHCPA
Level 4

I recently returned to ProSeries from a CHEAP program.  I last prepared returns under ProSeries for TY2017. I have about 5-6 returns to finish for TY2019 and would like to do them in ProSeries because the CHEAP program can't handle complex returns.

What do I need to do to have my EFIN recognized under ProSeries? Do I have to cancel it in the CHEAP program, or go through another verification process through ProSeries?

I appreciate any help you can give me. You may need to write your responses in crayon and keep it simple--I'm not as young as I used to be.

(The older I get, the better I was)

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee

Hi LJHCPA, while i'm fresh out of crayons, i'll try to make this as simple as possible... 🙂

You need to ensure it's your program, first and foremost by going to TOOLS and then OPTIONS and your FIRM/PREPARER information, so that you can efile.

Secondly you'll need to go thru EFIN Verification to ensure you submit documentation that proves your EFIN is yours.  These steps can be found here: https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/register-your-efin-with-intuit-before-e-f... 

You should NOT have to stop using it with your other cheap software (although not sure why you'd want to... hehehehe) 

Hope that helps.

Ashley

LJHCPA
Level 4

I've tried to do the EFIN verification through ProSeries, but I think I hit a glitch. It looks like I have to start completely over with the IRS as ProSeries mentions providing 3 documents, which I recall from my original EFIN registration I can only get from the IRS.

When I log into the IRS E-services application I get part way through the process and keep getting "...logged out for security reasons...". This has happened twice, I have no idea what's wrong in my application.  Any ideas?

0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee

So yes you must submit one of the documents outlined in that article.  From IRS' eservices page, your Application Summary for your EFIN would be a qualifying document.  If you're receiving that logout page from them, i would suggest clearing cache/cookies in your browser, and maybe add the irs.gov website to your list of trusted sites for your browser (you can google how to do that or work with local IT).  Once logged in download the doc, and submit that following instructions.  If you recently obtained an EFIN (within the last 12 mos or so) you may have a paper document confirmation (EFIN Verification Letter) of EFIN from the IRS which can be scanned and uploaded instead, but again, must be dated within the last 12 mos.

Hope that helps.

rbynaker
Level 13

Ashley, great to see you around again!

I know I've had issues in the past with browser compatibility.  At one point, IRS e-services wanted you to use Internet Explorer.  I'd try digging that up (should be available somewhere in the bowels of Win10).

Rick

AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee

Hey Rick! I pop in from time to time... 😁 Nice to"see" ya too!

0 Cheers