Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

efiling

pklcpa
Level 2

Twice had ProSeries reject a 2020 efiling because of duplicate soc number, but there IS no duplicate. 

Anyone with this problem, and better yet, and solutions.  Last two calls in to tech support calls were dropped.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

8 Comments 8
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

IRS isnt accepting returns yet, so it wasnt IRS that rejected it, sounds like someone using an Intuit product (maybe Turbotax) filed a return for that SSN and its being held in queue with Intuit.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
pklcpa
Level 2

The real problem is the first time they found the return in their queue, with the correct refund amount.  Not a Turbo Tax problem.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I dont understand your sentence.

If youre trying to file a return with ProSeries thats immediately getting kicked back before it even reaches IRS, that means someone using an Intuit product has already submitted a return with that SSN.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
pklcpa
Level 2

Turns out it was an updating problem with acknowledgements.  Problem solved!

0 Cheers
nelsonsoler2010
Level 1

I had 12 with the same issue

0 Cheers
nelsonsoler2010
Level 1

not the case

0 Cheers
pklcpa
Level 2

Resolved.  Just have to Update acknowledgements in Efile Home base.

0 Cheers
nelsonsoler2010
Level 1

I still have the issue. After waiting with Customer Service at Pro-series, they told me to call the IRS 😂. CS tells me that if the person requested the stimulus checks without filing a return this may be the issue.😙

0 Cheers