Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EFILING NJ RETURN

CHERYL0322
Level 2

I prepared a MFS NJ state return for the TP.  The MFJ 1040 return (TP is primary SSN) had already been accepted.  When I transmitted the NJ return, I received an e-file status notice that the federal return was accepted...without my transmission of the return!  The E-file Client Status History confirms that the return was not transmitted.  It was never in a Ready to EF status.  Has anyone had this problem?  Calling ProSeries this morning for help.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
You sure it wasnt just the Federal MFJ return acknowledgement that popped up again?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
CHERYL0322
Level 2

Lisa: I spoke to Intuit and was informed that only one 1040 was reflected as submitted.  So maybe the acknowledgement looked like the MFS TP because ProSeries based the acceptance on the TP SSN.  Looks like I am Ok.  Thanks.

Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

Sounds like you got it right. When I’ve done it in the past, i File the NJ MFS return first ,  then file the MFJ . It doesn’t confuse Intuit error checking routines.

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
0 Cheers