Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Efiled return EF Status shows return received by intuit but not sent to IRS or state. It has been 4 days. How do I get it sent to IRS and state?

ron1
Level 1

I transmitted Fed and Oklahoma return 4 days ago.  EF Status shows "Return Received by Intuit" but for some reason the returns are not being sent to IRS or state.  I have submitted several other returns since this one and all have gone through okay.  What can I do to get this return sent on to IRS and state?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

They held up a bunch of returns because of some potential issues with IRA distributions.  The return should go through or get rejected shortly.  A lot of folks are dealing with the same issue.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
20 Comments 20
IRonMaN
Level 15

They held up a bunch of returns because of some potential issues with IRA distributions.  The return should go through or get rejected shortly.  A lot of folks are dealing with the same issue.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
lab
Level 1
@IRonMaN  I'm assuming when you say a lot of people are dealing with this that it isn't just Oklahoma. I have one to and I am in Ohio.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
It's everywhere.  I have one stuck in the ditch too.  I wish Intuit would hurry up with that tow truck so that I can get it back on the road again.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
lab
Level 1
Maybe you should put a donut on a stick in front of the tow truck and see if it helps 🙂
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
It's worth a shot. :smile::smile:

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
ihatetaxes
Level 1
I'm in KY and we got one stuck as well.  Same scenario.
0 Cheers
terrycpa
Level 3
I have a Federal and two states accepted, but SC return has been stuck (return received by Intuit) for 4 days now.

0 Cheers
I got a reject on my stuck return this morning.  It said to update program, correct errors and re-efile.  I updated program....nothing updated but a state corp having nothing to do with this return...there were no errors showing.  I resubmitted it a few hours ago and it still says "received by Intuit".  What is up with this???
0 Cheers
lab
Level 1
Funny I was just finding this post to find out the same thing. Got my reject this morning too. Wondered if anyone had anymore information. These are the things I wish they would use the banner notifications to communicate with us about instead of us all trying to figure out the same thing.
0 Cheers
Agreed.  Since there was no banner notification on it I hope they actually know there is a problem.
0 Cheers
terrycpa
Level 3
I finally got a customer service message on the return I had stuck for days.  It seems there is a software issue on one of the lines in the state program for non-resident returns (having to do with the QBI adjustment on state).  The program is to be updated in a couple weeks, but I was able to manually correct the issue, re-transmit, and it immediately went on to the state.  
0 Cheers
I called Intuit and they said the fix should be here today.  I told her I already re-efiled it.  She said no problem, if not accepted by tomorrow to give them another call.  The federal finally came through as accepted followed by the state about an hour later.  She never asked me any info on what return or anything so hopefully they fixed the problem with the penalty on early withdrawal of retirement and roth conversions.  
0 Cheers
ron1
Level 1
I finally received reject notices on the returns that were stuck which allowed me to refile them...and this time they went through just fine.  It appears that the 3/4/19 update corrected the problem.
0 Cheers
lab
Level 1
I resubmitted the one that I had in limbo that was kicked back to me today and it has been accepted so I believe the 10% penalty has been fixed.
0 Cheers
d-lattz
Level 1
3-9-2019.  I have a return sent March 6 and still stilling in the same status situation.  Nothing has changed, no rejects???  I have not called Pro Series but guess I will.  Service has continually gone down hill over the years with parts of the program getting broken that shouldn't be effected.  
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Either you are in a few extra time zones away or you are off a day.  Today is March 8th.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
lab
Level 1
Have you tried to update the status from the EF center?
0 Cheers
taxman1
Level 4
Got one here thats in limbo too.   On hold with support.  Lets see how well this goes (sarcasm) !!!
0 Cheers
CPA1
Level 2
had same issue .   Called and Intuit a week ago and they said a program update is supposed to come out Mar 4.   After I hung up, my return suddenly went through.   Now I have more returns (all with the simple 10% penalty on premature retirement account distribution)  that have been held up for days with "return received by intuit" ... please fix this soon!  my clients need their refunds ! Not comforting to tell them "my software needs to be updated"
0 Cheers
I have the same issue with a return to Federal and Utah and yes the client had a 10% early withdrawal penalty.  Today is March 4 and I checked for an update.  Nothing to update this morning.  
0 Cheers