Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EFILED PROBLEM URGENT

taxes96786
Level 9

I efiled 2 2019 returns before the October extention deadline. When I open the returns in the program neither shows the completed return but they both give a message that the returns were efiled. They are both pending on the Efile page and will not give me a requested acknowledgement of the filings. I have no idea why and have no backup of the completed returns as a result. What do I do?

no I do not have hard copies

no there is no copy in the PROPDF file.

Please help if you can.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I agree with the above, highlight the files, then use Update Acks, not the regular Receive Acks.

.Im not sure I understand the part about having a backup, or what it has to do with this missing Ack situation....whats your regular backup procedure?

If you open the return are they not complete?

updateack.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

9 Comments 9
dkh
Level 15

Do you have the information to recreate the return as it would have been when efiled?  or are you just trying to get an efile acknowledgment for whatever purpose?  

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

Did you use the Receive Acknowledgment Status or Update Acknowledgment Status?    Try the Update

I'm guessing the other post contact Just Lisa Now - Intuit Accountants Community asking for Lisa is for help with this post?

I'm not Lisa but one time at a church camp someone thought my name was Lisa. Does that count?

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I agree with the above, highlight the files, then use Update Acks, not the regular Receive Acks.

.Im not sure I understand the part about having a backup, or what it has to do with this missing Ack situation....whats your regular backup procedure?

If you open the return are they not complete?

updateack.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
taxes96786
Level 9

Both...I don't have everything to recreate the return. I tried both get acknowledgment options...they don't do anything.

0 Cheers
taxes96786
Level 9

Thanks for your post...Lisa is the only one I thought might be able to answer. I have also emailed PS headquarters but, no response yet.

I had my client register on the IRS site for a copy of W&I and return transcript. The transcript won't give me the detail I need but with it I can compare the numbers.

I was hoping there was a way I could recover the original return since the program knows it was filed and there is an acknowledgment sitting out there somewhere.

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

I don't understand how you prepared a return but kept no documentation.   No copy of the clients information used to prepare the return. No copy of the return you submitted to IRS.   

taxes96786
Level 9

quite by accident. I usually pdf a copy but even that file doesn't have the completed return. I don't do backups until the file has been acknowledged and somehow this one slipped through the cracks. 

Even though the program tells me that the return has been acknowledged...it won't give me the acknowledgement document.

0 Cheers
taxes96786
Level 9

I will try again, thanks

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Perhaps you could get the client to share the copy you provided to them.

Unfortunately, that client copy wouldn't have any of the depreciation information in it.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"