Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Efiled personal return being held

Randeea
Level 2

Is it too late to recall an individual return that has been transmitted but has not gone to the IRS?  I have a client that just gave me a late W-2 and would like to fix rather than amend if possible.

We are still in the period where the IRS is not yet accepting returns.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
TAXOH
Level 11

You can't get it back.  You can only hope it rejects or you'll need to do an amendment. 

IRonMaN
Level 15

If you look at the alert in the program regarding the e-filing during this period of time, you will find wording to the effect that there are no "take backs".  You are better off holding returns yourself instead of letting Intuit do that for you in the event that you do have clients that like to keep bringing in tax forms after you have the return completed.

Slava Ukraini!
Camp1040
Level 10

On a side note, the E-file counter had serious issues, thankfully ACME had the parts in stock, and it was not cheap.

1.Turbo muffler bearing with dual grease fittings.

2 Hinge flusher valve with eccentric polyethene glycol seals.

3. Digital numbers that will generate a count greater than 999,999.

It all came together well!!

qbteachmt
Level 15

Just for reference: "just gave me a late W-2"

I googled it.

"January 31st is the deadline to file W-2s using Business Services Online or to submit paper Form W-2. If this date falls on a Saturday, Sunday, or legal holiday, the deadline will be the next business day. January 31st is the deadline to distribute Forms W-2 to employee(s)."

Which means people will keep getting them in the mail this week and that's not late.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
IRonMaN
Level 15

I guess we are in luck ----------------- those Turbo muffler bearings are almost impossible to find.

Slava Ukraini!