I am having the same problem and with touch tech support for last three weeks and they can not resolve it either. Waiting for the resolution. I am using proseries since 2006 and never had this issue. I am having difficult time to satisfy my customer. Hope this should resolve fast.
Nothing is transmitted.
Returns are prepared but not transmitted. No error message displays just that they weren't transmitted.
When I try to update status .. Nothing happens.
I think there are some hidden rules about the timing of being online
Is it only 1040s or is it all returns?
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"
Same issue here. First client I've tried to e-file this year - it's a 1040. I have done updates today and also refreshed updates today - both more than once. I've also made sure all Windows updates are installed, and rebooted the computer more than once. The only message I get is the red hand with "not transmitted". I seem to have no issue with the conversion part - it's the transmission part. HELP!
callmeFreud - were you able to resolve the problem? Just-Lisa-Now- I have tried that multiple times - and tried it again just now. I am able to convert (again), but then when I transmit I get "not transmitted" with no explanation. Glad it worked for you but it is not working for me. And yes, Freud, I'm used to turning these around and giving my clients the proof of filing within 24 hours - makes me look extremely unprofessional. Not to mention the fact that it delays their refunds. Long-time user of ProSeries and I've never had this issue before. HELP INTUIT!
Likewise. I've found the last 3 years (including this one) to be buggy.
Previously, the software's been fairly priced and smooth. As you, I've been using proseries probably 20 years.
I got one return to upload by closing the program. Disconnecting from the internet, reconnecting and then opening the program again and sending from the tax return.
Might have been a coincidence... As I said, I think it's a server side bug. But there are plenty more in the program.
Looks like we're in for another frustrating year!
UPDATE: I spent 5 hours on a call today (after an hour wait) with support. Finally, after trying multiple things, he was able to solve the problem. It's so deep down the rabbit hole I never would have found it on my own, but for you techies out there: Deep within the "users" file there is a folder called "isolated storage". He had me rename that slightly. Then we rebooted and went back into the program - and finally after 5 hours my return transmitted. The "isolated storage" folder is now back with new contents so I assume the program somehow automatically uses this file and something was making it mess up this year's transmissions. Posting this info in case someone else is stuck and maybe this will help.
Thanks for the update: I had the same issue and was struggling since start of the year. I have tried the solution you have suggested and it worked for me as well.
Thanks a million for the support and sharing.