Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Efile

AAB
Level 1

What is the last day a 2019 Form 1040 can be efiled using the ProSeries tax software?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
IRonMaN
Level 15

The IRS is shutting things down for everybody Nov 21st.  You should have received an alert in your program letting you know that.

Slava Ukraini!
dkh
Level 15

Like @IRonMaN said - this Saturday efile closes until IRS starts accepting returns for 2020 tax season which is normally end of January 2021.   The last last last the 2019 tax return can be efiled would be November 2022.  

SlairJordan
Level 1

I just tried to efile an income tax return today, Saturday, 11/21/2020 at 3:00 pm.  My software says that the season is now over.  My alert from Intuit Proseries said that I had until 11:59 pm on Saturday, 11/21/2020.  What is the problem?  Please help me today.

0 Cheers
sjescher
Level 3

Maybe you live in Hawaii like I do.  When I opened Proseries  11/21/20, there was a follow-up message saying although the IRS processes until midnight, they would shut down at 9pm EST to allow processing time for submitted returns.  That meant I had to get my return in by 3pm if there was a 6-hour difference.  It might have been a 5-hour difference because I was able to correct a rejection and resubmit it.

itonewbie
Level 15

Looks like quite a number of people were caught by Intuit's own 9pm EST deadline (which is quite a bit earlier than the competitors').  If ProSeries' in-product alert is like PTO's, only the IRS' 11:59pm EST deadline is mentioned but not Intuit's 9pm, which is more critical (even though there is a hyperlink that brings the user to the full announcement).  Can see why many are frustrated.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

ProSeries folks have only themselves to blame.  An alert was posted on November 19th saying the plug was being pulled at 9:00 Eastern time.  

Slava Ukraini!
sjescher
Level 3

I'm grateful to the Lord that I saw the post early Saturday morning so I could plan.  I can't say I'm excused because I waited too long to file, though. 🙂