Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Efile issues

phoenixmike230
Level 2

I am Efiling today Five 2021 tax returns-yes late filers. Intuit says to convert- I must usde a date for Pin selection in 2022- its converts & goes to IRS- IRS rejects them all because I need a date in 2023. If I use a 2023  PIN date- Intuit rejects it- any ideas.

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

in EF center highlight your client and click efile/electronic filing/convert transmit returns and the pop up at bottom will be "enable conversion error checking" unclick and after putting in todays date, you'll be good to go.

View solution in original post

17 Comments 17
chrismendelsohn
Level 1

I have this same issue for 2 returns. I updated the software and if I put in a 2022 date its rejected. If I put in a 2023 date, the software rejects its. 

0 Cheers
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

put todays date and then disable error checking. All mine were rejected until I put todays date and disabled the error checking. 

phoenixmike230
Level 2

Sorry but I can't find the disable error chercking box

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You need to EF from the EFCenter, not from within the return

errorchecking.png

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

in EF center highlight your client and click efile/electronic filing/convert transmit returns and the pop up at bottom will be "enable conversion error checking" unclick and after putting in todays date, you'll be good to go.

garman22
Level 13
Level 13

i really need to do what you do @Just-Lisa-Now- 

Much more efficient. 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Whats the saying.....sometimes a pictures worth a thousand words! 

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
garman22
Level 13
Level 13

sheeeeet, amen to that!!! 🤣

0 Cheers
catherine
Level 3

Override option isn't the best option - if only ProSeries could fix this!  BTW, E-Filing 2020 doesn't have this error!

MariaR
Level 3

Same here, I e-filed a 2020 and that went through just fine. I kinda agree and I'd rather wait a couple days and avoid disabling/overriding error checks. Hopefully they fix this soon!!

Now that I mention it, I hope they're aware of this issue. As a just in case, where/how can we make them aware of this issue?

0 Cheers
MelissaL
Level 4

This is a known issue and they are supposedly working on it.  You can call them and add your name to the list so that you are notified when it is fixed. Although I find that they don't bother with that either...

jsarden22
Level 1

Is the solution only for Pro and not basic? I can switch the return to Pro and then I have to pay for each return ........

0 Cheers
jsarden22
Level 1

Can this be done in Basic Proseries ?

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Have you tried following the instructions given to see if it works in Basic?

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
CONNIEL
Level 2

WHERE IS TH EF CENTER?

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Let's start with, what software are you using?

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
CONNIEL
Level 2

I found what I needed and was able to file the return successfully  Thanks

0 Cheers