Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

efile delays

Highlighted
Level 1

Is there a projected date when the IRS will allow electronic filing for the 2016, 2017, and 2018 returns?

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
8 Replies 8
Highlighted

efiled 2018 yesterday.. may have to refresh updates for it to work

Highlighted
Level 15

Jim - did the ones you filed have any of the extender issues?

Former Chump... umm.... AllStar.
If a post answers your question, click on *Accept as solution* for future searches
0 Cheers
Highlighted

I efiled three 2018 Form 1040s, two Ohio, and one Michigan.  The three 1040s went through but but the state returns got bounced.. The 1040s did not have any extenders in them.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15

'16 efiling went away Oct 15, 2019

17 can be efiled now

'18 can't be efiled if the return has any of last minute retroactive extenders (passed late Dec 2019) .  These have to be implemented by the IRS, and then by the software companies.  Intuit has said late Feb.

If a post answers your question, click on *Accept as solution* for future searches
Highlighted
Level 8

this was posted Friday....

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-news-and-updates/discussion/proseries-2018-individ...

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posed.
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15

Interesting...   If Lacerte posted that notice, I missed it.  Which is *entirely* possible 😂

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

They must have rolled out the 2018 Efile ability slowly...I tried on Friday after I saw that post, still no go for me, said I needed to update, but told me there were no updates....I'll try again today.  Maybe Ive got to do that update repair tool for 2018 or something.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Highlighted

Lisa, refresh updates... it is under updates but it is refresh updates