Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Efile before Feb 12, 2021

Can I efile to Intuit before the IRS process date of Feb 12, 2021 if all forms are final in the return?  Also, when will form 8879 be final?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

No.  Feb 12 means Feb 12.  ProSeries isn't going to hold the returns for you.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

11 Comments 11
IRonMaN
Level 15

No.  Feb 12 means Feb 12.  ProSeries isn't going to hold the returns for you.

Slava Ukraini!

I heard Turbo tax would hold them so I thought all of Intuit would.  That is why I asked.  thank you for letting me know.

dkh
Level 15

🥃

dkh
Level 15

It is interesting that Turbo Tax which is an Intuit product same as ProSeries has different rules that apply.  I guess they figure those of us using a professional tax preparation software will be here day after day so we can hold the info while those using Turbo Tax need to be able to efile as soon as they are done.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Actually it's because Turddotaxx is the Apple of Intuit's eye and wants to make those people happy.  By the way, how was the broom ride home last night?

Slava Ukraini!
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@utah-arizona-taxlady wrote:

I heard Turbo tax would hold them so I thought all of Intuit would.  

While that is true, a large number of TurboTax filers that file super early need to amend because (a) the software is not ready and had numerous errors and/or (b) the do-it-yourself taxpayer realizes they forgot to include something that they did not receive until after they filed.

dkh
Level 15

A bit nippy but my insides were warm 🥃 lol

Edit :    Must of been too cold - didn't see any flying monkeys

C_Way
Level 1

Feb 10th, 2021 

I have tried on several occasions to file using turbo tax. I use the small business edition.  The product gives me a loop back to one of my income areas for the small business. I double check to ensure that I am meeting the guidelines (TT does provide that insight for maximum deduction) but it keeps me in the loop and will not let me move to filing. I guess I would have preferred that it give a message that I can not file until that time. 
Hope this helps someone else. 

0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

@C_Way 

You seem to be lost on the internet.

You’ve come to a Peer User community for Intuit Tax Preparation products supporting tax preparation professionals using ProSeries, Proconnect and Lacerte , and you may be looking for support as an individual taxpayer. Please visit the TurboTax Help site for support.

Thanks.

Also, for ProSeries users, your program has a red notification bar, as does this web page and all the web pages for your program, that tells you about filing and gives a link to read more about it for your program, and that is more current than this Topic, which is from Jan.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
wjgutcpa
Level 4

Interestingly, I have an employee that used the TURBO tax free to file for self and a family member. Claims they were filed last friday and got acceptance from IRS yesterday! Shut my mouth!

Professionals are definitely the Intuit's red headed step child. 

I can't efile because my program doesn't have the latest update. Last update 2/10/2021.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Some folks that already transmitted client returns to Intuit did receive some acceptances.  There is no rhyme or reason to which ones were accepted but the IRS did run them through to test their system.

Edit - too many posts - I didn't even look to see what the starting point was for this discussion.  Hopefully everyone is well rested so that they can stay up late tonight and watch for all of those acceptances rolling through at 12:01 am.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers