Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EFILE 2019 FORM 990 WITH FORM 990T

MDAROSA1
Level 3

Many of my non profit clients with Forms 990T are receiving letters from the IRS the past couple of weeks that the IRS is not accepting mailed in Form 990s any more and they are subject to penalties. However, Proseries does not allow us to efile a form 990 that include a Form 990T.

How do we get around these letters and this is the first I heard the IRS stopped accepting mailed in Form 990's.

PS, most of 2019 form 990s mailed in have not been processed.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

4 Comments 4
sjrcpa
Level 15

990 and 990-T are two separate filings. You can efile the 990 and mail the 990-T.

Ex-AllStar
sjrcpa
Level 15

Effective for tax years beginning after July 1, 2019, the Taxpayer First Act, Pub. L. No. 116-25 Section 2301, requires organizations exempt from taxation under section 501(a) to file their annual Form 990 and Form 990-PF returns electronically, unless covered by one of the exceptions listed in the form instructions.  Form 990-EZ filers are required to file electronically for tax years ending July 31, 2021, and later. This IRS News Release contains a summary of e-filing requirements.

From Annual Filing and Forms | Internal Revenue Service (irs.gov)

Ex-AllStar
MDAROSA1
Level 3

In Proseries, the Form 990T is attached to the Form 990T. According to Proseries, the filings are together.

In the worksheet, if I deselect form 990 with 990t, then 990t disappears.

What is the workaround so I can efile the Form 990.....

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

You may want to contact your malpractice carrier. These penalties are huge.

I don't use ProSeries so cannot help you there.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers