Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EFILE - 2017 and 2016 FBAR REPORTS

EMM
Level 2

I am trying to e-file FBAR returns, today is the first day we can do so for this year, and they don't go thru. It seems they are ready but they get stuck and it says 'frm 114 ready to transmit' then i try to select transmit and nothing happens. any ideas? i have called intuit twice and waited an hour to get disconnected after one hour. this is really unacceptable. 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Comments 2
sjrcpa
Level 15

You can't efile 2016 and 2017 FBARs through Intuit anymore. Intuit cuts them off at the same time IRS cuts off efiling for prior years. I don't know why.

You have to go to the FinCen site to efile them.

Ex-AllStar
EMM
Level 2

Thank you for your reply. I can understand that happening for 2016 but for 2017? Aren't the IRS supposed to accept e-files for 2017?  I need to speak with someone at Intuit but I wait over an hour to speak to a REP and after that time the call is disconnected. This is truly unacceptable. 

0 Cheers