Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EF Rejected

sxabdalla
Level 2

All returns are getting rejected for the error below. 

Error Detail:
This return could not be processed for e-filing due to incorrect or missing information.
Error Resolution:

Review IRS electronic payment information. Verify that a valid Routing Transit Number,
Bank Account Number, Requested Payment Date and Phone Number have been entered .
A valid phone number must be formatted as (nnn)nnn-nnnn. The first and fourth digit
cannot be `0' or `1'.

All but the requested payment date are carried forward from last year. Also, the returns pass the final review check. 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I Eilfed one with electronic payment yesterday, was accepted, no issues.

Youve verified that the Work phone number on the fed info worksheet is in the correct format?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
sxabdalla
Level 2

Yes, and it is in the same format as last year. I didn't edit this field but deleted and reentered just to make sure it is not causing the issue. 

Thanks!

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I havent seen anyone else report this issue, if it was just one return Id think it was just some kind of transmission error that occurred, but you say its multiple returns...so I don't think that's it, unless you filed them all together at once in the same batch maybe?

The question that asks about it being a foreign bank account, that's marked NO, right? I dont think it will even let you choose direct debit is you mark yes, so I dont think thats it either.

@IntuitAustin  or @AshleyatIntuit    any thoughts on this?

0 Cheers
adamchickcpa
Level 1

Pro is not working properly if your microsoft was updated

0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee

I'm not familiar with this particular reject, but i would recommend contacting our support team directly for this issue, so we can look at it too as there may some additional transmission details that outline the specific issue.

0 Cheers
sxabdalla
Level 2

Solved. All errors related to returns that have a tax liability with installment agreements for future payment dates that extend the tax due date (July 15). I still put 7/15 as the payment dates but then entered $0 so the IRS does not withdraw funds by the due date. Not sure if IRS will draw amounts owed by the due date. 

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

IRS wont withdraw any payments until the application is approved, this can take months in a normal year, who knows how long this year. 

Your client will get the acceptance letter (or denial of the agreement application) in USMail and will need to sign an authorization for the payments to begin being taken automatically.

You may want to advise your client to make payments using IRS Direct Pay until the official installment agreement gets approved.