Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing Pick list for Schedule B and D

Highlighted
Level 4

I would like to edit the misspelled banks or stocks from pick list that comes up when entering the data on various schedules.  I know I have made corrections in the past but and did not write down what I did to make the corrections.  Any help would be appreciated.   

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
7 Replies 7
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

Id love to do this as well, I have no clue how its done though!

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Highlighted
Level 4

I guess I am not alone then.  But I could swear that I have edited the pick list in the past.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

Id even be happy to just delete the list and start from scratch...I'm sure theres a file in the Common folder than contains it all...I haven't gone digging to look for it though.

no luck, I added a name to the pick list, saved/exited the file, then went and looked for the file that was changed at that time stamp, nothing in the common folder that shows a list or can be edited.

Highlighted
Level 4

So would I.  Sometimes my fingers are quicker than my brain and I am hitting the return key before I am looking at what I am typing.  Of course, I wouldn't have the courage to go through the common folder to look and edit.  I am sure I would crash the program.  Thanks for the help though, your comments and advise on the various posts is invaluable.  

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

You can turn off the pick lists if youve got a bunch of junk in there that makes it more of a pain to have them pop up automatically than it is to type them in.....I wonder if turning them off clears the list and lets you start over......hmmmm

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

doesnt look like it, I unchecked both pick its and autofill, but when I turned them back on, old stuff still came up

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

Oh, I found the Speed Entry files, but therye not editable...I may try and fiddle around with them later to see if removing them they regenerate on their own (empty) when you restart the program.  I got grandkids here today, I'll let you know what I find!

0 Cheers