Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

editing homebase columns in 2020 tax year

suesue1
Level 3

Can't import 2019 homebase column headings into 2020

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

11 Comments 11
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Have you been able to do that in the past?  Mine have never carried over from year to year.  They made changes to HB and how it functions this year, so even if that was an option in the past, I doubt you'd be able to do it again.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
suesue1
Level 3

Finally got it to work. The export is a CVS file which was hard to find but then it imported to 2020 program. Took awhile.

Accountant-Man
Level 12

Suesue, I have used PS for over 25 years, I know how to transfer Common folders, and I have NEVER been able to get HB columns to transfer.

Do you know anybody who would share that info with the other thousand of PS users?

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
Bert
Employee
Employee

I Could see it working in 2019 and back ProSeries, but because of the new HomeBase I would need to look into it at work tomorrow.

0 Cheers
suesue1
Level 3

Exporting 2019 HB sends it to a CVS file in MS Excel. To import to 2020 HB click that CVS file and it imports to HB 2020. 

0 Cheers
Bert34
Level 2

What do you mean by click the view.csv file? 

0 Cheers
suesue1
Level 3

When you click “import” in 2020 HB after you’ve exported HB 2019 it shows that file.click it and 2019 HB imports. Took many tries but finally worked.

0 Cheers
Accountant-Man
Level 12

I see the exported file, View.csv, but 2020 only allows import of xml files.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
0 Cheers
Bert34
Level 2

Even if I save the CSV file to a test file and rename it to a XML file.  I get unable to import this into HomeBase. 

I think we are missing something. 

0 Cheers
Bert
Employee
Employee

I was able to import a views.csv into 2020 ProSeries.

1. In 2020 ProSeries select HomeBase menu.
  2. Then Select Add/Edit Custom view. 
  3. When your in the custom view wizard there should be an import button.
  4. When you select the import button you can browse to the prowin19\common folder and select the views.csv file.
Bert34
Level 2

In step 3 the button is "Import 2019 View"

0 Cheers