Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing Data from Prior Year Transfer

mwischmeier
Level 1

I have to amend a 1120-s for tax year 2020 and 2021. The original 2021 return had beginning year balance sheet balances from the original 2020 return. I now need the amended 2021 return to show the beginning year balance sheet balances from the amended 2020 return. Is there a way to update this so I can use the same 2021 file that was previously filed so I can e-file the amended return? Thanks in advance.

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

If you are just talking about changing balance sheet info, you can just override, and type in the correct amounts. It will show up in red, and seem scary, but it does not impact the e-filing.  I've done this before a few times.

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.

View solution in original post

1 Comment 1
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

If you are just talking about changing balance sheet info, you can just override, and type in the correct amounts. It will show up in red, and seem scary, but it does not impact the e-filing.  I've done this before a few times.

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.